Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Feb. 14
We watched the pilot of Veronica Mars. If I was to watch it outside of class, I would not think to much about anything other than the plot. Since I was in class while watching it, our assignment was to look between the lines. We got in groups and discussed the ideas behind how they set the plot and used race, class, and gender. One thing we noticed is that the "gang" was black Mexicans. There were no white people in the gang. The setting was a rich neighborhood where everyone was rich or they were poor. There was no middle class. The rich white kids drove expensive cars, had snotty attitudes and dressed nice. It was clear and cut who people where and their social and economic status. It was typical American view of the world today. Veronica was kind of looked down upon because she is a girl and tries to be respected. A lot of the people don't respect her because she is a girl and it is not her social role. I like watching shows now with the mind set of reading between the lines. It makes shows a lot more interested.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment